PAIN & INJURY RECOVERY
Since beginning my career in 1993, I have worked with hundreds of thousands of patients, suffering every level of pain, injury and disease state, in diagnostic investigations, surgery, interventional procedures, A&E, ITU and private practice. My work involves diagnosing and treating pain, injuries and health problems from a variety of perspectives. Osteopathy is an effective system of natural medicine which provides patients with a non-invasive, non-surgical, and non-drug based solution for pain & injury recovery and optimal wellbeing.
We are designed with a powerful capacity to heal and repair. Pain is never normal, it is your body communicating to you that something is wrong. It is never too late to start making positive changes to improve how good you feel and move in your body, both now and into the future. Improve your understanding of your condition and discover effective ways to support your recovery and sense of well-being with treatments, education and rehabilitation.
It is advisable to seek professional help if your condition does not resolve within 10-14 days or if your symptoms become worse with time. Many injuries recover naturally without treatment within 6-12 weeks. It is preferable to reach a full recovery within 6 weeks (known as the acute phase) from the onset of your symptoms or injury.
- I endeavour to provide appointments within 24-48 hours.
- I endeavour to provide same day emergency appointments.
- Self-Referral: You do not need a referral from a GP to book your appointment. Book directly online or email your enquiry via the website.
- Each appointment includes consultation, examination, diagnosis, specialist advice, multiple treatment options, therapies, education, rehab & self-management strategies.
- I treat all levels of pain, injuries and conditions, from a mild ache to extreme and recurring pain.
- I see patients at every stage of their problem, from the first day of something new, or old and recurring problems. I am here to support you from crisis to recovery.
- All treatments are tailored to the individual patient, their injury, needs, preferences and recovery goals.
- I will help you understand everything you need to know about your current condition and what can be done to help with your immediate relief and successful recovery.
- To discuss your appointment or your issue, you can contact me directly on +447903830743
WHAT I TREAT
My priority is first to understand your presenting problem, your general condition, needs and recovery goals. I will help you understand everything you need to know about your condition and what can be done to help with your immediate relief and successful recovery. Each treatment is designed to relieve pain, improve movement, reduce symptoms and reduce recovery time.
COMMON PROBLEMS I TREAT:
- Spinal Problems
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Disc injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Joint Problems
- Arthritic Pain
- Muscle Problems
- Tendon Problems
- Nerve Injuries
- Tingling / Pins and Needles
- New injuries
- Recurring injuries
- Unresolving pain
- Painful or Difficult Movement
- Impingement Conditions
- Pregnancy-Related Problems
- Effects of Stress
- Sleep Deficiency
- Chronic conditions
- A wide range of health conditions
- Digital Dementia
- Digital Eye Strain
- Low Energy Levels
- Dysfunctional Breathing Patterns
- Nerve Entrapment Conditions
- Pre-surgical Preparation
- Post-surgical Recovery
NERVE COMPRESSION SYMPTOMS:
- Burning Pain
- Sharp Electric Pain
- Pins and Needles
- Temperature changes
- Movement problems
- Consultation & Health Screening
- Examination & Diagnosis
- Explanation of Symptoms & Specialist Advice
- Multiple Treatment Options
- Posture Analysis
- Spinal Therapy
- Wellness Effective Self-Management Strategies
- Ergonomic Design
- Safer Technology Use
My process is to first understand what the problem is and then how best to support you and your recovery. Osteopaths promote balance in the nervous system and all 4 of my process and treatments aim to fine tune this balance.
If you have experienced pain, injury or difficulty with normal everyday movements, you understand how it can make you feel physically and emotionally. Normal activities like bending/ sitting/ sleeping/ driving can become painful and difficult tasks. When you start to lose your ability to perform normal functions and the simple things in your life, it can become emotionally challenging, stressful and exhausting.
Pain is a complex, modulated mind-brain-body phenomenon. Therefore a successful recovery from painful conditions requires an integrated mind-body framework. The body’s healing processes can be affected by a variety of factors related to each patient’s individual health history, condition and life circumstances. It is important to understand which type of tissues and injury are involved in order to deliver appropriate and safe treatment to support your successful recovery and wellbeing.
The physical body is constructed from a variety of different systems and tissue types, each of which heal at different rates and respond differently to various types of stress, demands, life experiences, activities, emotions, treatments and age, etc. It is preferable to reach a full recovery within 6 weeks from the onset of your symptoms (known as the acute phase). More severe or complicated injuries can persist for 6-12 weeks (the subacute phase). Pain and other symptoms persisting longer than 12 weeks risk becoming chronic. In these circumstances, the priority is to prevent the person’s condition developing further into a chronic pain condition or disability.
Don’t let pain get in the way of enjoying your life!